lettering for Patapsco & Back River’s Greenville gondolas - 1949 scheme
The Patapsco & Back Rivers Railroad was a 5 1/2 mile long switching railroad owned by Bethlehem Steel to switch cars around Bethlehem’s Sparrows Point,
Maryland steel mill. It delivered steel products in an interchange with the Pennsylvania at Gray’s Station and car oats of the Baltimore & Ohio and Western
Maryland at Sparrows Point, as well as bringing supplies in.
In November 1949, the PBR received 100 52’-6” Greenville design 70-Ton Drop-End Gondola Cars from Bethlehem Steel under order number DF 142, as Series
Paint & Lettering: When delivered cars were painted a bright red oxide. Lettering was Armour Yellow in a light-weight san-serif design.
For a more comprehensive understanding of these cars, refer to the Ed Hawkins/Pat Wider RP CYC Series, Vol 3, pages 52-67.
Model is Protocraft PC-3607
Decal set designed and created at Protocraft Decals
Printed by Microscale Industries
Background color shown above is not included in decal sheet