lettering for NP’s 50’ single-sheathed autocars
Built by General American Car Company between 1923 and 1929 for the NP, these 50’ autocars saw revenue service after being reclassied to general freight
service into the early 1970’s. Series varied: 4800-4899 with full double-doors and end-doors, other series with door and a half: 6000-6999, were dedicated to
hide service and rebuilt with only one door - and renumbered into 30000-30988 Series.
Paint & Lettering: Car painted NP freight car brown: TCP-193. (from paint chips for Dupont Dulux Brown, and Pillsbury Car Hide Brown). Post 1942 cars would
be repainted with the later standard boxcar lettering scheme with the red and black 36” monad dropped. Lettering all white stencil paste.
Decal set designed and created at Protocraft Decals with artwork by Rick Leach
Printed by Microscale Industries
Model by PSC #15561
Background color shown above is not included in decal sheet