lettering set for WABASH’s 70-ton AAR flat cars
In 1944, the Wabash received 50, 70-ton AAR design Class FM at cars built in Wabash’s Decatur, Illinois shops. Series numbers applied were
25500-25549. In 1953 through 1956, all were equiped to haul B-47 aircraft wings, and in 1954, 30 were converted to TOFO service. In 1959
the same cars were removed from TOFO service and tted for hauling automobile frames.
Cars were painted with Wabash Freight Car Red. Lettering all white stencil paste.
Decal set designed and created at Protocraft Decals based on the artwork of Ted Culotta