This sheet will letter 2 different cars
The Georgia & Florida Railroad was formed in 1906 and ran on 297 miles of track between Albany, Georgia and Madison, Florida. It’s rolling stock was sparce but in 1926 the G&F took delivery of 250 boxcars from AC&F of the Fowler design, and numbered them 7246-7500. In 1927, another 100 cars were delivered and numbered 8000-8099. These were the road’s only cars used in interchange service and ran up through the 1950’s. In 1963 the G&F was acquired by the Southern Railway which later merged it into it’s subsidiary, Central of Georgia in 1971. Cars were painted box car red with white lettering, black underbody and truck side frames. San Juan Car Co.’s Fowler-design model #119 can be used to model these cars. Decal sheet designed and sized at Protocraft Decals with artwork and lettering by Norm Buckhart.