lettering set for TH&B’s USRA boxcars - for local express service
The TH&B was a subsidairy of the Canadian Pacific and New York Central. Based in Hamilton, Ontario, the TH&B never reached Buffalo or Toronto, and was wholly absorbed into the CP in 1977.
In November 1940, the TH&B received 300 used USRA boxcars from the NYC (Series 161700-161999), and assigned THB series 4500-4799. These cars saw revenue service into the early 1960’s.
In April 1955, three cars - 4576, 4795 and 4799 - were assigned into local express service between Welland, Dunville and Brantford, with sides painted yellow; doors, roof and ends black. Lettering was black stencil paste.
Decal set designed and created at Protocraft Decals
Printed by Microscale Industries
Background color shown above is not included in decal sheet