Home  Brass Models  Couplers  Decal Line  Finescale Parts  Publications  Trucks  Wheelsets 

The Proto Journal     Proto:48 layouts     Contact Us

Previous    Return to list of all Boxcar Decals in 1:48 scale    Next    

lettering for WAG’s Pratt truss 8’-7” IH boxcars

Part Number: WAG-1

Price: $8.50

The Wellsville, Addison & Galeton Railroad (WA&G) began operations at it’s inception in 1956, with a 91 mile long right of way connecting Addison, N.Y. with Ansonia. PA. Initially purchasing 78 of B&M’s Pratt-truss boxcars (built by Standard Steel Car Co in 1929-30) in 1956, it eventually accumulated a total of 761 cars through either outright purchase or lease. The two major customers along its line were the Sinclair renery in Wellsville and the tanneries in Elkland and Westeld. About 1958, the tanneries got the lettering “THE SOLE LEATHER LINE” put on some of the cars. While series records of these cars is not comprehensive, photos support at least 5000-5299.
 
Lettering set created at Protocraft Decals
 
See Ed Hawkins and Pat Wider’s RP CYC Vol 18, pgs 54-55 for further information of these cars


Background color shown above is not included in decal sheet




Online Catalog Categories in Proto:48

Brass Models    Couplers    Decal Line    Finescale Parts    Publications    Trucks    Wheelsets   


The Proto Journal     Proto:48 layouts