lettering set for Ann Arbor PS-1 boxcars - 1952 lettering scheme
The Ann Arbor acquired 400 P-S 1 design boxcars from Pullman-Standard as follows:
Series 300-399, 100 cars, Pullman-Standard Company, Lot 8282, delivered March 1956, 6’ Youngstown doors
Series 400-499, 100 cars, Pullman-Standard Company, Lot 8337, delivered April 1957, 6’, 5-P Superior doors
Series 1200-1399, 200 cars, Pullman-Standard Company, Lot 8338, delivered April 1957, 8’ 6-P Superior doors
Paint & Lettering: Cars painted with a rich oxide (TCP-924*) red; underframe and truck side frames coated with black car cement. Lettering all
white stencil paste with a red lettered ag. Ann Arbor’s one maintenance station in Owosso, Wisconsin was designated with the letters DI until
1960, then OW. Smaller 2” reporting marks are for truck bolsters.
* TCP-924 is a shade developed by TCP for Protocraft Decals with Ed Hawkins as consultant, and only available through Protocraft.
Background color shown above is not included in decal sheet