lettering for CASO’s 1916 all-steel 8’-11” IH boxcars - 1941-1960 scheme
The Canada Southern was founded in 1868 to serve southwestern Ontario, Canada and Niagra Falls. Leased to the Michigan Central for 99 years, in 1929 it
was subleased to the NYC for 999 years.
Series 138000-138299, 300 cars, were built for the Michigan Central in June 1916 under Lot 337-B. In 1937, they were rebuilt by the NYC under Lot 669-B
keeping the same series numbers. In June 1941, the cars were relettered to the CASO and reassigned to the Canada Southern roster by the Canadian government, again retaining the same series numbers. A few of these cars remained in revenue service into 1967.
Decal set designed and created at Protocraft Decals
Background color shown above is not included in decal sheet